Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Back from MOZY!!


Ahhhhh……. running HOT water, clean comfy sheets, air con, electricity on at all times. Wow its amazing how you can go without these basic comforts and still be so happy! Two and half months in Africa, two and half months of discovering the Love of Jesus and who He is.
Two and a half months of feasting spiritually. Two and half months of just laying before Him, hearing Him whisper who you are and His plans for you. Two and a half months of being a student, house sister, a daughter. Learning from the best. Soaking in His presence. Going out to the village and sitting with the sweet old mommas. Hugging their faces, laughing and learning from them. Having the time of your life, and sharing this experience with such amazing people from around the world! I'm still in awe how God could answer a prayer of mine. A prayer of mine that I needed His strength for. He uprooted me out of my comfort zone, stretched me to believe him for $12,000 in 6 1/2 weeks!!! Which was CRAZY! But God provided every single bit of the money! After all GOD is AMAZING! :)

 He stripped my every fear. My fear of heat.(Mozambique is HOT guys!) Fear of the unknown, fear of living with 10 other women, fear of letting go, fear of saying yes, and the list goes on. No words can express my time in Africa. I can highlight and say the best thing Jesus did for me while in Africa, was He saved Me from Me. Myself. Jade...…….Now that topic in itself is precious, so will have to save that for another time, another blog post. 

Anyway! for now I'm back and thanking  the Lord for such a beautiful journey last year! I gained a new family!! Which happens to be spread out across the WORLD!!! I gained some beautiful sisters whom I lived with for 2 1/2 months, and what a way to knock out that fear! They were the most beautiful sisters a girl could ask for :)

So anyway, new year, new me, new way. 2014 is gonna be fun!! Expecting even bigger things this year! Posted some pics!  Enjoy! and THANK YOU to all my wonderful friends and family who supported me on this journey. Love you guys!!
Some of my beautiful house sisters!


African Sunrise
2nd day in Mozy!!

Class!

House Sisters!

Graduation Lunch! We LOVE chicken in Mozy!

Sweet Kiddos
Family night with the girls! Dinner!
Kisses :)

Fun, and Joy in Mozy!

2 comments: