Monday, August 26, 2013




BE CHILD LIKE!!


             
   Soooo last week Monday during my time with the Lord I asked Him what was on His heart for me that day. While I asked this question I kind of drifted off and started daydreaming. (Which I'm all too good at ;) I started thinking about an event I attended this summer, and I immediately started remembering dance moves of a young teenager that was there. I started thinking about how he danced with such  joy! He was fearless and free!  
His dance moves were the complete opposite of smooth and organized let me tell you! but it didn't matter because he was having a blast! His hands were up in the air, legs back and forth, big smile on his face.  While he danced he would throw back his head and laugh, he had such joy and he lit up the place! It was as if he had no boundaries at all! All eyes were on him, and I remember  having a huge smile on MY face. I admired his braveness, and total lack of concern of what others might think. Even though he was a young teenager it was as if he was in his own childlike world doing what made him happy.

As I daydreamed about that moment Monday morning, I felt like I needed to be like that! Childlike! God wants me to be free, happy, full of joy as I prepare for my journey to Africa. He also wants me to just believe like a child does. He wants me to take His promises, proclaim them, believe them, stand on them, and let Him do the rest!

OK, soooo I tried to carry this "childlike" attitude last week, and it was very challenging for me!! Doubt crept in, worry about provision, anxiousness. Yep! it tried to get the best of me, BUT this is a new week and I am determined more than ever to carry this "childlike" attitude. I'm going to believe the Lord for everything. My peace, my joy, my provision, EVERYTHING!! I don't want circumstances to dictate my life, but I want to stand on the promises of God and know His nature, knowing He is good and He will take care of me :)



Just a few encouraging words for your heart and  mine too :).....

The Lord is madly in love with us 

He desires to see us well and whole
He desires to give us the things that are in our hearts
He is singing over us with songs of gladness and praise
We are his precious sons and daughters and he longs to commune with us 
Oh come let us see the one who gave it all for us, the one who gave his only son
The one who catches our tears in a bottle, the one who longs for us 
Oh come let us worship the one who is madly in love with us. 
We will sing, we will dance, we will worship our loving KING. 

Love always,

Jade H. :)



2 comments: